Darren Evans Assessments is a leading provider of energy efficiency and sustainability services across the built environment. Our most valued assets are our multi-skilled staff who serve a broad client base: from the UK’s leading house builders and developers, to major blue chip clients, to a homeowner requiring an EPC.
For more information on what it’s like to work at Darren Evans Assessments, do take a look at our YouTube channel:
We are expanding our air testing team. We are looking for a qualified air tester with an air tightness testing Level 1 qualification to join our team. The primary responsibility for this Air Testing Engineer would be to visit sites and test the air tightness standards in new residential buildings, in line with Part L regulations. We would also expect the successful candidate to be familiar with Part L regulations, and to be able to complete Part L1A and L1B SAP Calculations, adding a broader focus to the role.
Air Test Engineer’s Role:
The candidate must have the following:
- Conduct air tightness tests in accordance with Building Regulations Part L and client-specified standards;
- Conduct ventilation performance tests in accordance with Building Regulations Part F;
- Work independently and as part of an in-house team;
- Liaise and build relationships with site management;
- Work collaboratively with the site team to identify and correct any issues;
- Produce reports and results in a timely fashion in line with customer and company expectations;
- Coordinate with other engineers;
- Complete Part L1 SAP Calculations and be able to advise on compliance solutions.
Essential Skills and Qualifications: The candidate must have the following:
- Clear and confident communication skills, both verbal and written, in a variety of pressured situations;
- A pragmatic and flexible approach, especially when working in a team;
- Self-motivation and the ability to be proactive;
- An understanding of and commitment to the company values (see our website);
- Excellent diagnostic skills (investigative, problem identification and solution design);
- A current air tightness testing Level 1 qualification;
- An understanding of Part L regulations;
- Six months’ experience as a licenced air test engineer;
- Full driving licence;
- CSCS cardholder.
- AutoCAD (SketchUp also desirable);
- SAP qualifications;
- Understanding of Part F;
- Understanding of Sound Testing.
As well as joining a fast-growing consultancy with excellent career development opportunities, the chosen candidate will benefit from:
- Competitive salary;
- Company pension;
- Unlimited holiday allowance;
- High Street office location;
- Free parking;
- Fuel card;
- Access to events at Wembley Stadium;
- Childcare vouchers;
- Savings on everyday purchases through Edenred;
- Continual professional development and career progression;
- CPD and access to industry leading manufacturers;
- Company well-being package.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you feel you are suitable for this role to