Regeneration of industrial site creates vibrant inner-city community
This major redevelopment of Devon’s Road on the former Bow Industrial Park has spanned more than six years over four phases. It includes:
- 382 new homes
- Multiple new commercial units
- Community play areas
“We’ve worked with Vistry on this project for more than six years, supporting them to navigate considerable complexity every step of the way,” explains Darren Evans operations director Michael Brogden.
- BREEAM Assessor for both 2011 and 2014 scheme versions
- BREEAM Accredited professional
- Ecology support and advice
- SAP Calculations for the residential elements of the project
- SBEM Calculations for the new commercial units
- IMPACT assessment to measure & reduce the buildings environmental impact
- Thermal Modelling to CIBSE Guide TM52 & TM59
- Green Lease Agreement
- Low Zero Carbon Feasibility Reports advising on the suitability of renewable technologies on site
- Energy and sustainability reports to sign off planning and sustainability criteria
- Code for Sustainable Homes
- Tenancy Lease Agreements
- Design review meetings
- Site inspections
“Throughout the project, we have remained up-to-date and informed as Part L regulations and BREEAM requirements have changed to ensure that we are providing correct and relevant guidance,” says Michael.
“We have worked closely with all members of a shifting design team across all four phases to coordinate the receipt of required technical specifications in line with the BRE’s requirements incorporating leading design team meetings and site inspections.
“We have advised on required alterations to the renewable and site-wide heating and hot water provision to ensure provision is suitable for the needs of the residential and commercial properties on-site as well as in line with planning requirements.”
- Certification for multiple BREEAM assessments across different schemes.
- Performance over Part L for 384 new homes and ten commercial buildings.
- Creation of a vibrant metropolis and regeneration of a former industrial site.
“I’ve worked with Darren Evans for many years and can only say positive things about them.
“They are helpful, provide professional tailored reports on time and offer great support to our construction site teams.”
Wherever you are in the construction process, we can support you to make buildings more energy efficient and sustainable. If you’d like some specific advice, please upload relevant documents such as design drawings. That will enable us to give you bespoke support more quickly.