The Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) is a stable-state computer model of a dwelling that estimates annual energy consumption.
It is the calculation which generates an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). A SAP calculation, along with an EPC are two of the documents required by building control sign off and they are a legal requirement when a property is sold or rented.
- Ensure your project designs and calculations are as energy efficient as possible.
- Accurately model your buildings’ energy performance to decrease the chance of overspecification in the building design. This will ensure the project is an energy efficient as it can be for the budget.“Accurately modelling this prevents you from spending more than you need to. It’s also an area that will need to be addressed more closely under the new regulations,” says Michael Brogden, operations director at Darren Evans.
- Support you to design, create and build something that is cost-effective and an efficient use of resources.“We do this by understanding how building physics, energy compliance, and carbon emissions fit together,” explains Michael.
- Meet your deadlines quickly, giving you the best solution for your project
- Work on any type of project, from high profile projects, high rise residential buildings to large or small housing developments.